2019 Yamaha XSR700
Modern classic styling and crossplane concept twin for fun performance all built to be uniquely customized.
- Advanced Crossplane Crankshaft Concept Engine: The compact 2-cylinder engine provides a unique power character, with outstanding torque and throttle response, combined with strong high-rpm pulling power. It also features Yamaha's “Crossplane Concept" 270-degree crank that provides linear torque development in response to the rider's throttle input.
- Standout Style: The XSR700™ blends Yamaha's world-class engineering with timeless style, creating a new type of machine for riders looking for an authentic and honest motorcycle that doesn't sacrifice performance. Drawing influence from Yamaha's classic “XS" series of motorcycles, the XSR® oozes class, with exposed aluminum details, retro-influenced bodywork, stepped seat and custom lighting and instrumentation.
- Compact, Sporty Chassis: The narrow frame design features sport-oriented geometry to achieve light and nimble handling, aided by the minimalist 410-pound wet weight and refined ergonomics.
- Powerful Braking with ABS: The XSR700 provides exceptional braking power with confidence thanks to modern brake components backed up with the security of ABS.
- Advanced Twin Cylinder Engine: The XSR700 features a compact 689cc liquid-cooled, inline twin-cylinder, DOHC engine with fuel injection. This engine provides a unique power character, with outstanding low- to mid-range torque and very linear throttle response, combined with strong high-rpm pulling power. This motor develops 50 foot pounds of torque and is designed to maximize riding excitement in the real world.
- Crossplane Crankshaft Concept: The 2-cylinder engine features Yamaha's “Crossplane Concept" 270 degree crank that provides linear torque development in response to the rider's throttle input. The CP2® engine is also light, slim and compact and offers an excellent level of rider/machine communication
- Vibration-Reducing Counterbalancer: To reduce vibration and provide a smooth, modern engine character, the motor uses a geared counterbalancer, mounted low and forward on the engine.
- Refined, Efficient Fuel Injection: Electronic fuel injection settings deliver a smooth throttle response to enhance riding enjoyment from open roads to the urban sprawl. The system delivers outstanding torque in the low- and mid-rpm range along with exciting acceleration in the upper rpm range. Combined with the efficient overall engine design, the XSR700 delivers an exceptional 58 mpg.
- Offset Cylinder Block: The paired cylinders of the XSR engine are shifted slightly forward compared to the center of the crankshaft. This reduces drag during each combustion stroke of the pistons and improves efficiency.
- Compact 6-Speed Transmission: The XSR700's 6-speed transmission takes full advantage of the low-to- mid-range torque and excellent response of the twin-cylinder motor, while further enhancing the compact engine design thanks to triangulated input and outputs shafts.
- Standout Style: The XSR700 blends Yamaha's world-class engineering with timeless style, creating a new type of machine for riders looking for an authentic and honest motorcycle that doesn't sacrifice performance. Drawing influence from Yamaha's classic “XS" series of motorcycles, the XSR oozes class, with exposed aluminum details, retro-influenced bodywork, stepped seat and custom lighting and instrumentation.
- Compact, Sporty Chassis: A lightweight diamond-type high tensile steel frame provides an optimized rigidity balance for light, agile handling and stability. The engine is a stressed member of the chassis, allowing a lighter, more compact main frame design.
- Street-Focused Suspension: The 41mm front fork and link-type Monocross rear shock each provide 5.1 inches of suspension travel, and are tuned to provide a balance of comfort and control ideal for the street. The shock uses an almost horizontal alignment, which helps make the chassis much more compact, while rear spring preload adjustment allows the rider to tailor the suspension to match rider weight or load.
- Powerful Braking with ABS: The XSR700 provides strong, controllable braking power thanks to modern braking components, including paired floating 282mm front discs with 4-piston calipers and a 245mm rear disc. ABS comes standard to prevent wheel lock under hard deceleration.
- Lightweight Wheels: Lightweight 10-spoke cast aluminum wheels are fitted with a 120/70ZR17 front tire and 180/55ZR17 rear tire for excellent traction and handling feel. The XSR700 also features Pirelli® Phantom Sportcomp tires that combine modern construction and performance with stylish retro design.
- Advanced Instrumentation: The new round LCD panel features a ton of information: digital tachometer, speedometer, gear position, eco mode indicator, ambient and coolant temperature, a fuel gauge and range of trip computer functions, including a clock, instant and average fuel consumption, fuel reserve trip meter and the usual trip meters.
- Classically-styled Lighting: Up front, a large, round multi-reflector headlight provides both style and illumination in equal measure, complete with trick aluminum supports, while out back, a round all-LED tail and brake light is mounted above the rear fender.
- Casual but Sporty Ergonomics: A tall, wide handlebar, stitched two-level seat, and perfectly placed foot controls provide a comfortably upright riding position ideal for urban traffic or hustling down a twisty road.
- Unique XSR700 Detailing: Every aspect of the XSR700 shows Yamaha's attention to detail: The single-piece stitched saddle. The classic teardrop mirrors with excellent rearward visibility. The compact radiator, flanked by exposed aluminum covers. A removable subframe that simplifies customization. The naked aluminum accents and fender mount. The XSR700 demands a second look, every time.
- Stylish and Ergonomic Fuel Tank: A compact 3.7 gallon fuel tank is shrouded by beautifully shaped and hand-finished aluminum side covers for a timeless design.
- Engine Type: 689cc liquid-cooled DOHC inline twin cylinder; 8 valves
- Bore x Stroke: 80.0mm x 68.6mm
- Compression Ratio: 11.5:1
- Fuel Delivery: Fuel injection
- Ignition: TCI: Transistor Controlled Ignition
- Transmission: Constant mesh 6-speed; multiplate wet clutch
- Final Drive: Chain
- Suspension / Front: 41mm telescopic fork; 5.1 in. travel
- Suspension / Rear: Single shock, adjustable preload; 5.1 in. travel
- Brakes / Front: Dual hydraulic disc, 282mm; ABS
- Brakes / Rear: Hydraulic disc, 245mm; ABS
- Tires / Front: 120/70ZR17 Pirelli® Phantom Sportcomp
- Tires / Rear: 180/55ZR17 Pirelli® Phantom Sportcomp
- L x W x H: 81.7 in. x 32.3 in. x 44.5 in.
- Seat Height: 32.9 in.
- Wheelbase: 55.3 in.
- Rake (Caster Angle): 25.0 deg.
- Trail: 3.5 in.
- Maximum Ground Clearance: 5.5 in.
- Fuel Capacity: 3.7 gal.
- Fuel Economy: 58 mpg
- Wet Weight: 410 lb.
- Warranty: 1 Year (Limited Factory Warranty)
NOTES:Wet weight includes the vehicle with all standard equipment and all fluids, including oil, coolant (as applicable) and a full tank of fuel. It does not include the weight of options or accessories. Wet weight is useful in making real-world comparisons with other models. The riders depicted on this website are professionals, and all of the action was shot on a closed course. At Yamaha, we want every ride to be safe and enjoyable. Always dress properly for your ride with a helmet, eye protection and protective clothing. Avoid excessive speeds and never engage in stunt riding. Never ride under the influence of alcohol or other drugs; it is illegal and dangerous. Always inspect your Yamaha before riding. Read the Owner's Manual and the product warning labels before operation. Yamaha and the Motorcycle Safety Foundation encourage you to ride safely and respect the environment. For safety and training information, see your dealer or call the MSF at 800.446.9227.
- Engine Type
- DOHC inline twin cylinder; 8 valves
- Bore and Stroke
- 80.0mm x 68.6mm
- Compression Ratio
- Fuel System
- Fuel injection
- TCI: Transistor Controlled Ignition
- Constant mesh 6-speed; multiplate wet clutch
- Final Drive
- Front Suspension
- 41mm telescopic fork; 5.1 in. travel
- Rear Suspension
- Single shock, adjustable preload; 5.1 in. travel
- Front Brakes
- Dual hydraulic disc, 282mm; ABS
- Rear Brakes
- Hydraulic disc, 245mm; ABS
- Front Tire
- 120/70ZR17 Pirelli® Phantom Sportcomp
- Rear Tire
- 180/55ZR17 Pirelli® Phantom Sportcomp
- 55.3 in.
- Seat Height
- 32.9 in.
- 25.0 deg.
- 3.5 in.
- Fuel Capacity
- 3.7 gal.
- 58 mpg
- Dry Weight
- Curb Weight: 410 lb.
- 1 Year (Limited Factory Warranty)
Disclaimer: Prices do not include freight and prep, taxes, tags, and title fees.