2019 Suzuki Burgman 400
Already renowned as a premium, feature-rich scooter, the Suzuki Burgman 400 is back for 2019 with a special matte blue finish that contains a touch of sparkle equal to its nature. Under the new finish, the Burgman 400 continues to combine exceptional chassis and engine performance with its sleek body to be a distinctively athletic luxury scooter. The 2019 Burgman 400 sets the convenience and performance standard for all mid-sized scooters while maintaining its reputation for luxury and quality. The Burgman 400 delivers Suzuki's winning combination of style, performance, practicality, convenience, and riding enjoyment.
- Fuel injected DOHC 399cc, liquid-cooled, single cylinder engine powers a seamless, CVT automatic transmission.
- Stronger low-speed engine response with reduced emissions and better fuel economy.
- New, luxurious and sporty Metallic Matte Stellar Blue color with advanced LED lighting.
- Sturdy frame and large 15-inch front wheel delivers well-planted and agile handling.
- Spacious under-seat storage and two front compartments with a DC power outlet provide a variety of cargo options
- Automatic Idle Speed Control (ISC) system ensures proper engine idle speed at all times.
- The CVT (Continuously Variable Transmission) provides smooth, linear power delivery for comfortable riding at any speed riding.
- Reliable 399cc, liquid-cooled, four-stroke, DOHC, single cylinder, fuel injected engine produces greater low- to mid-range torque with a powerful peak performance, even when riding with a passenger.
- DOHC four-valve arrangement allows ideal positioning of the intake and exhaust valves for superior mechanical advantages and efficient combustion. The benefits can be felt in smooth, instantly available acceleration.
- The highly efficient new engine, which employs a long-life iridium spark plug, takes advantage of the scooter's lower weight to improve fuel economy and extend the riding range of the generous 3.6-gallon fuel tank.
- The refined Suzuki Fuel Injection system with O2 feedback plus the Pulsed Secondary Air Injection (PAIR) system and catalyzer-equipped exhaust boost fuel efficiency and help the Burgman easily achieve emissions compliance.
- The high-capacity five-liter air cleaner aids throttle response and boost acceleration in stop-and-go traffic. Located under the seat, it has also been designed to emit an exciting intake sound.
- Fold-down rear footrests provide comfort, letting the passenger feel planted and relaxed, even during extended rides.
- A pair of ergonomically designed grab bars are mounted to the sides of the seat so the passenger can have a good, comfortable grip of the scooter.
- A security gate incorporated in the lower portion of the bodywork allows a chain lock to be passed through a body panel, then around the frame, and then around an immovable object.
- The ignition switch is fitted with a magnetic security cover that opens only with a correctly coded key.
- The comprehensive and easy-to-read instruments incorporate an analog speedometer and tachometer plus an LCD display that provides odometer, twin tripmeter, clock, ambient temperature, average fuel consumption, fuel level, and coolant temperature readings. Other colored LED indicators provide turn signal, headlight, freeze, and service function alerts.
- The LCD has a programmable oil service indicator to alert the rider when regular maintenance is required.
- The instruments also include the Suzuki Eco Drive Indicator that illuminates when the scooter is being ridden in a fuel efficient manner. This instant feedback helps the rider learn how to maximize the Burgman 400's fuel economy.
- The Burgman 400's underbone frame is constructed from large-diameter, thin-wall tubes that result in lower weight and increased rigidity, resulting in improved handling.
- The telescopic front fork with 41mm inner-tubes have a generous 4.3 inches of wheel travel to complement the link-type mono-shock rear suspension to deliver motorcycle-like handling with exceptional maneuverability.
- A large 15-inch front wheel replaces the 14-inch wheel of the prior generation scooter to improve stability and enhance the visual appearance.
- The cast front wheel carries a pair of 260mm disc brake rotors while the 13-inch rear wheel has a 210mm hydraulic disc brake for reliable stopping control.
- The standard Antilock Brake System (ABS)* monitors wheel speed and matches stopping power to available traction. The compact ABS control unit weighs 1.6 pounds less than the prior-generation unit.
- An easy-to-operate, T-handle parking brake lever is located on the dash near the ignition switch to prevent rear wheel movement when engaged.
- The new upswept windscreen has a trim appearance from every angle while delivering optimum wind protection and a clear view of the road.
- The bodywork conveys the luxurious, performance nature of the Burgman 400. The slim, sporty, and agile look matches the scooter's personality.
- The scooters nose features sharply styled dual LED headlights with integrated LED position lights and turn signals mounted beneath. The clean and bright front end is instantly recognizable as a Suzuki Burgman.
- The slim new rear deck of the Burgman 400 features independent LED rear combination lamps with the turn signals at their tips. It's sharply sculpted design expresses elegance and agility.
- Abundant luggage space includes a 42-liter under-seat storage compartment, large enough for two helmets, plus two front compartments for small personal items. Convenient switchable under-seat lights illuminate the entire storage area.• Helmet sizes and shapes vary, so some helmets may not fit in the under-seat compartment.
- The front bodywork contains two storage compartments: a 2.8-liter compartment on the left and a 3.5-liter compartment on the right that contains a convenient DC power outlet for charging electric devices on the fly.
- The stepped dual seat has thick padding for extra comfort. The seat's width and profile is slim to add comfort for both the rider and passenger. The cover features double stitching and accent piping to further extend the look of luxury.
- To increase comfort, especially on longer rides, the seat incorporates a rider's backrest that is adjustable by a half inch or inch fore-and-aft at the press of a lever.
- The combination of the seat changes and floorboard position creates an upright riding position that is comfortable and sporty for the rider.
- Cut-away footboards allow the rider to comfortably move and support the scooter at stops and starts.
- Stylized Suzuki “S" 3-D emblems on the front leg shield and the upper meter panel denotes the quality and sophistication of the brand.
- A variety of Genuine Suzuki Accessories for Burgman owners are available, including a large selection of Suzuki logo apparel.
- 12-month limited warranty. Longer coverage periods with other benefits available through Suzuki Extended Protection (SEP).
- *Depending on road surface conditions, such as wet, loose, or uneven roads, braking distance for an ABS-equipped vehicle may be longer than for a vehicle not equipped with ABS. ABS cannot prevent wheel skidding caused by braking while cornering. Please drive carefully and do not overly rely on ABS.
- Engine: 399cc, 4-stroke, liquid-cooled, single cylinder, DOHC
- Bore x Stroke: 81.0 mm x 77.6 mm (3.2 in. x 3.1 in.)
- Compression Ratio: 10.6:1
- Fuel System: Suzuki fuel injection
- Starter: Electric
- Lubrication: Wet sump
- Transmission: CVT (automatic, centrifugal clutch)
- Final Drive: V-belt drive
- Suspension Front: Telescopic, coil spring, oil damped
- Suspension Rear: Link type, single shock, coil spring, oil damped
- Brakes Front: Disc, twin 260 mm, ABS-equipped
- Brakes Rear: Disc, single 210 mm, ABS-equipped
- Tires Front: 120/70-15M/C (56S), tubeless
- Tires Rear: 150/70-13M/C (64S), tubeless
- Fuel Tank Capacity: 13.5 L (3.6 US gal.)
- Color: Metallic Matte Stellar Blue
- Ignition: Electronic ignition (transistorized)
- Spark Plug: NGK CR7EIA-9 or DENSO IU22D
- Headlight: Dual LED (high and low beam, plus position lights)
- Tail light: LED
- Overall Length: 2235 mm (88.0 in.)
- Overall Width: 765 mm (30.1 in.)
- Overall Width: 1350 mm (53.1 in.)
- Wheelbase: 1580 mm (62.2 in.)
- Ground Clearance: 125 mm (4.9 in.)
- Seat Height: 755 mm (29.7 in.)
- Curb Weight: 215 kg (474 lb.)
- Warranty: 12 month unlimited mileage limited warranty.
- Extension: Longer coverage periods with other benefits available through Suzuki Extended Protection (SEP).
- Engine Type
- 4-stroke, single cylinder, DOHC
- Bore and Stroke
- 3.2 in. x 3.1 in. (81.0 mm x 77.6 mm)
- Compression Ratio
- Fuel System
- Suzuki fuel injection
- Electronic ignition (transistorized)
- CVT (automatic, centrifugal clutch)
- Front Suspension
- Telescopic, coil spring, oil damped
- Front Brakes
- Disc, twin 260 mm, ABS-equipped
- Front Tire
- 120/70-15M/C (56S), tubeless
- Rear Suspension
- Link type, single shock, coil spring, oil damped
- Rear Brakes
- Disc, single 210 mm, ABS-equipped
- Rear Tire
- 150/70-13M/C (64S), tubeless
- Curb Weight
- 474 lb. (215 kg)
- Seat Height
- 29.7 in. (755 mm)
- 62.2 in. (1580 mm)
- Fuel Capacity
- 3.6 US gal. (13.5 L)
- Metallic Matte Stellar Blue
- 12 month unlimited mileage limited warranty.
Disclaimer: Prices do not include freight and prep, taxes, tags, and title fees.