2017 Husqvarna Motorcycles TC250
High Intensity Thrills
Completely new for MY 17, the TC 250 portrays the constant development and secure future of the historic 250cc 2-stroke in the Husqvarna line-up. With a newly designed chassis, the TC 250 sees a significant reduction in weight with increased agility and rider comfort. Additionally, the lightweight 2-stroke engine is completely redesigned and features increased efficiency, more centralised masses as well as a substantial reduction in vibration.
- New engine: The 250cc 2-stroke engine is the ultimate combination of unsurpassed power and lightweight construction. The simplicity and low maintenance cost of the 2-stroke motor makes it a favourite amongst motocross riders. The new TC 250 engine has a completely new construction featuring a new shaft arrangements for better mass centralisation, a new counter balancer shaft reducing vibration, a new twin-valve controlled power valve and re-worked 5-speed gearbox.
- New cylinder: The 66.4mm bore cylinder features a newly developed power valve system which delivers smooth and controlled power throughout the RPM range. This can be further customised by simply changing two springs supplied and altering the power delivery for different track conditions or rider preference. The new cylinder and cylinder head incorporate a new water jacket design which guarantees better heat dissipation and improved cooling under the most extreme conditions. New cylinder head mountings secure the engine to the frame while also reducing vibrations for a smooth ride.
- New crankcases: In an effort to centralize mass, the lightweight die-cast engine casings are developed to accommodate new shaft arrangements. The clutch shaft is now 4mm higher while the crankshaft position is also raised 19.5mm centralising oscillating mass and improving ride-ability. Additionally the new counter balancer shaft has been integrated in a very compact manner without compromising the overall design while new engine covers offer better resistance from wear created by riders boots.
- New counter balancer shaft: The new engine design incorporates a laterally mounted counter balancer shaft. This shaft significantly reduces vibrations resulting in a smoother, more comfortable ride.
- New frame: With years of experience in designing the most advanced steel frames in offroad, the engineers in Research and Development designed a chromium molybdenum steel frame that redefines every structural aspect that benefits handling, ergonomics and packaging. With carefully calculated tortional and longitudinal flex, the frame works in harmony with the suspension to offer sharp handling and superior comfort. These characteristics, matched to a lightweight and compact engine design, offer exceptional handling precision while at the same time increasing bump-absorption and feeling.
- Carbon fibre subframe: The use of carbon fibre strips away weight, improving weight distribution and bringing weight closer to the centre of gravity for precise handling. The composition of the material is 30% carbon fibre and the overall 3-piece construction is remarkably light but also very strong for an overall weight of 1.4 kg. Additionally, a specific rigidity has been calculated in the component for optimal handling and rider ergonomics.
- New exhaust header: The new exhaust header is manufactured by WP performance systems using a 3 dimensional stamping process. After the elements of the exhaust have been shaped they are robot welded to ensure the best quality and durability.
- Wheels and tyres: Black high-strength alloy rims by DID are coupled to CNC machined hubs using lightweight spokes and silver anodised aluminium nipples. Fitted are new Dunlop MX-3S Motocross tyres that feature the proven “block-within-a-block” design for more progressive cornering and superior grip.
- WP AER 48 suspension: The WP AER 48 is a new milestone in the development of Husqvarna motocross models. It is safe, lightweight and easy to adjust through a single air valve and supplied fork pump for pre-load and click adjusters for compression and rebound. The system is made up of a set of split-system forks consisting of an air suspension unit and a hydraulic damping unit. The new forks offer a weight reduction of 1.6 kg in comparison to conventional fork systems of MY16. The forks are extremely responsive thanks to friction-optimized surface coating on the outer and inner tube surfaces and optimally designed sealing systems.
- WP DCC rear suspension: The WP DCC rear shock is designed to provide advanced damping characteristics while keeping to a compact and lightweight design. With a pressure balance inside the shock, damping is consistent and results in greater rider comfort and handling. Additonally, the outer surface of the gas reservoir is corrugated and increases cooling. The component is also fully adjustable and matched to a linkage system with a specific geometry to deliver the best possible traction and progression.
- Magura hydraulic clutch: The high quality German-made Magura clutch system guarantees even wear, almost maintenance-free operation and perfect modulation in every condition. This means that play is constantly compensated so that the pressure point and function of the clutch remain identical in cold or hot conditions, as well as over time.
- Brakes: Class-leading Brembo callipers and controls with high quality waved GSK discs deliver superior stopping power instilling confidence in any condition. 260mm disc front and 220mm rear. New for MY17 is a rear brake lever which is 10mm longer as well as new rear brake pads that are less aggressive and provide improved modulation.
- Components: The latest technology in engineering and production processes, combined with the highest quality components, makes for long-lasting performance.
- Pro Taper handlebar: Manufactured to exacting standards, the Pro Taper handlebar features class-leading fatigue resistance while adding minimal weight. For MY17, the lower handlebar clamp has been separated into two individual clamps while the top clamp is a bridge-type clamp improving torsional stiffness.
- Mikuni Carburettor: The MY17 TC 250 features a 38mm flat slide Mikuni TMX carburettor. This new carburettor provides an increasingly smooth and controllable power delivery with optimal performance over the entire RPM range. Additionally, it is also very easy to set.
- DDS clutch: The DDS (damped diaphragm steel) clutch system is fitted to the new TC 250. The inner hub and pressure plate have been designed for optimal oil flow and cooling, while the Magura hydraulics offer perfect modulation and control. The exclusive characteristics of this system include a single diaphragm steel pressure plate instead of traditional coil springs and integrates a damping system for increased traction and durability. The clutch basket is a single-piece CNC machined steel component that allows the use of thin steel liners and contributes to the compact design of the engine.
- Design: 1-cylinder, 2-stroke engine
- Displacement: 249 cm³
- Bore: 66.4 mm
- Stroke: 72 mm
- Starter: Kickstarter
- Transmission: 5-speed
- Primary drive: 26:73
- Secondary gear ratio: 14:50
- Clutch: Wet, multi-disc clutch, Magura hydraulics
- EMS: Kokusan
- Frame design: Chrome-molybdenum steel central-tube frame
- Front suspension: WP-USD, AER 48, Ø 48 mm
- Rear suspension: WP shock absorber with linkage
- Suspension travel (front): 310 mm
- Suspension travel (rear): 300 mm
- Front brake: Brembo twin-piston floating caliper, brake disc
- Rear brake: Brembo single-piston floating caliper, brake disc
- Front brake disc diameter: 260 mm
- Rear brake disc diameter: 220 mm
- Chain: 5/8 x 1/4 in.
- Steering head angle: 63.9 deg.
- Wheelbase: 1485 ± 10 mm
- Ground clearance: 375 mm
- Seat height: 960 mm
- Tank capacity (approx.): 7 L
- Engine Type
- 1-cylinder, 2-stroke engine
- 249 cm³
- Bore and Stroke
- 66.4 x 72 mm
- Front Suspension
- WP-USD, AER 48, Ø 48 mm
- Front Brakes
- Brembo twin-piston floating caliper, brake disc
- Rear Suspension
- WP shock absorber with linkage
- Rear Brakes
- Brembo single-piston floating caliper, brake disc
- Fuel Capacity
- 7 L
- 1485 ± 10 mm
- Ground Clearance
- 375 mm
- Seat Height
- 960 mm
- Final Drive
- Chain 5/8 x 1/4 in.